Countertop blenders are very useful appliances in a kitchen. They help with numerous daily blending activities. Many high end blenders not only help with blending but with whipping, whisking, chopping and grinding as well. Such a useful tool requires special care as well so that it can give optimum performance for years to come. Follow these steps to keep your blender in good shape and to increase its life.
- When adding ingredients to the blender jar, first add the liquid ingredients, next add the softer ingredients and last add the hard or frozen ingredients or ice. Only add hard food if your blender is capable of blending it. Read the manual carefully. If your blender can crush ice, it will be stated in the manual. If it is not stated do not try to crush ice or any other hard food with your blender.
- Even if your blender has a tightly secured lid, it is generally a good practice to hold down the lid while blending. This will prevent the lid from coming off by accident and food splattering into the surroundings.
- Do not let the blender run continuously for more than a couple of seconds as it risks burning of the motor. Run it for a few seconds, turn it off then run it again. Pulse is a good option for most blending tasks. Looking for the baby food blender, check out blender reviews and get the top blender for making your baby food.
- Do not fill the blender completely. Leave some space to allow for expansion. Also if you fill it completely, the motor might not be able to handle the load. Fill it to not more than two-third its capacity to avoid food splattering and any damage to the motor.
- If your blender has multiple settings, use them for their specific purposes. For example use the ‘ice crushing’ setting when you add ice to the blender and ‘chop’ setting when you want to cut fruits and vegetables into smaller pieces. Using the correct settings will also prevent the motor from wearing down.
- After every use, clean your blender right away. Do not let food stay in it for too long as you will then have to do extra effort to remove dried food stuck to it.
- To clean the jar, pulse it with water and some dishwashing liquid. Then rinse it thoroughly.
- If your blender has dried food stuck in the jar put some baking soda mixed with water into the jar and run the machine for a couple of seconds. Food should come off easily now. Use the same procedure if you want to get rid of food odors from your blender.
- Do not immerse the blender base in water. If it has food stains on it that you want to remove, wipe them off with a damp cloth.
- Do not use stiff brushes to scrub your jar or blender because this will leave marks or scratches on the surface.
Follow these steps to keep your bender clean and its performance up to standard because once you have purchase a best blender, you should not want to spend money over and over in buying the same thing. It should serve you for at least a couple of years. We hope this guide will help you with for choosing the best blender..